- Weddings & Socials
Wedding Receptions & Socials
A truly memorable Minnesota wedding reception site, the River’s Edge Convention Center hosts weddings, wedding receptions, and socials in a wide variety of sizes, set-ups, and celebration styles.
- River’s Edge books weddings not more than 12 months in advance.
- Have a general idea of how many guests you expect, so that River’s Edge can help select the right-sized room for your event.
- Room rent is a daily rate allowing use of the space from 6 am to midnight. Events must end at midnight. Additional rates will apply to events ending after midnight (1 am maximum). Events ending after midnight will require police security (minimum 4 hour shift). The number of police security will be based on event requirements.
- River’s Edge offers a wide selection of catering companies, decorators, and a liquor vendor. All food must be ordered through an approved caterer. See our List of Caterers, Liquor Vendor and Decorators (PDF)
- River’s Edge supplies setup and takedown of tables, chairs, stage, and basic sound system (corded microphone with stand) at no additional charge. See the Event Services page for more information.
- If you wish to have a DJ or a band for your event, dance floor rental is required in any carpeted suite at an additional fee. See the Equipment Price List for Wedding Receptions, and Socials (PDF). The dance floor is set up for the evening. Depending on your final guest count, there may be tables and chairs placed on the dance floor but these will be removed after the meal.
- Audio/video (AV) equipment (screen, AV cart, LCD projector, cordless microphone) are available for an additional fee. See the Equipment Price List for Weddings and Socials (PDF).
- River’s Edge requires a 25% non-refundable down payment to book your event. This payment is applied to the room rental charges.
- You must view the room before booking your event.
- Event coordination provided to help make your event enjoyable and memorable.
- Operations staff for River’s Edge will be present in the building until your event has finished.